Friday, March 28, 2008

Welcome to London

I come around the corner - nearly home - and a car pulls out right in front of me. "This isn't too different from American then" I grudgingly think to myself, and then realize that I was cycling on the 'wrong' side of the road.

It turns out that moving back to one's homeland takes a fair bit of getting used to. Here's my account of it.

(and yes, the blog title is unoriginal, although to be fair, there is a good reason, in that part of my new job is going to have to be spent un-classical-music-geek-ifying myself... I think Lauren Hill may be one of the first artists on the listening list (see the side-bar!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As an academic type, I can't resist educating you...on the correct spelling of her name! It's actually LaurYn Hill :)

Carolyn N said...

You should be back in Americker where you would cycle on the right side of the road;)